Tuesday 8 April 2014

How Effective Is The Main Product And Ancillary Texts?

I think the music video and the ancillary texts link well together because the colour theme that i went for throughout the whole process what black and white. My whole music video is in black and white. With my ancillary texts i used the fact that i am using black and white imagery therefore i learnt how to use infrared photography to get a different effect instead of just normal photography. The people who i used in my video is also the artist who sings the song (Elle). I wanted to have her be part of the narrative in the video and then have her as a model on my ancillary texts since people would recognise her and could possible help with the promotion side of things. The images on the left are the images that i used. I wanted her wearing black leather jacket and dressing indie like to continue the theme which has been used in the video. One thing that i did like about the costume which she was wearing is that it seemed different and really helped when i needed to refer to the conventions of the genre which is indie. One image that i used was just a landscape image, this is what i used for the image on the back where there is a list of songs that is included on the album. I thought it was effective because the image isn't too over powering. My magazine advertisement was also in black and white, since again, i wanted to carry that theme on. When I did the shoot for the images i wanted Elle to wear something which was plain but still had an edgy look. I know she always wears the same necklaces every day therefore i asked her to wear them too. I compared my digi pack with some of the over covers of albums. These ones are simple but still seem very effective. I didn't want any of my ancillary to be crowded i wanted it to be spaced out but look neat.












Seen as though my images for my Digipak seemed a very depressing black and white i tried to up lift it a little bit more with the advertisement poster. I wanted to keep this poster very simple very much like the digipak. When I did my research on what the posters looked like, I noticed that a lot of them had star ratings on them, therefore I thought I would refer to well known magazines that report about the music that artists are trying to promote. I chose 3 different well known magazines. I put one comment in pertiuclar in larger font than the others because I know that in the music industry that 'Q' magazine is very well known and respected therefore getting a comment like that would need to be seen clearly. Comparing this poster to tohers which are in magazines today, is seems like it fits in well.




No comments:

Post a Comment