Tuesday 8 April 2014

How Did You Use Media Technologies In The Construction andresearch,Planning and Evaluation Stages?


In Research:

Web 2.0
When i first started my research i used YouTube to find which song i would be using and to help chose which one i would be using. I also used it to look at other video's to help filming with mine. It gave me idea's for narratives i could've used, locations that other artists used, but it mainly helped with how to use my cuts and changing from one framing to the other. I needed to know the conventions to why certain narratives need different angles. I also tried to focus on YouTube video's which showed behind the scenes footage since i thought it would help with the production of my music video and how they capture certain angles. 
I also wanted to know whether they used tracks for certain things or if the movements were just hand held. The video's that i looked at were helpful because i tried to look at video's with a similar narrative to mine and i found that not many of the video's include someone singing directly to the camera. Therefore i thought i would have that concept in mine. I found that the artist was singing the song but they would have an actor for the girl. 




Social Media:
Within web 2.0 i used the social websites, i asked people's opinion on what they thought was best  in the planning part of things, I posted on facebook to see which video they think has the best narrative. I also asked my friend Elle if she thinks the song which i planned on doing was good and my storyline was interesting enough. I also posted my ideas onto twitter to try and find what people thought of my initial 3 idea's. Another thing that we discussed was the blogger app which I used on my IPad called Blogger' which allowed me to access this site.This screenshot shows my social network site (Facebook) and blogger.
The other app which you can see here is photoshop, I used this for my images to bring them up to the standard that they needed to be. I also used the app 4od to help with my research since I could look how certain genres use the 4 key elements. 






Blogger Questionnaire:
Including the questions being asked in the focus groups above, i also wanted to put a questionnaire on my blogger which all of my work is on. Therefore people who have the same interests can look and answer the questions knowing what the topic is based on. I had to email around the college to get people to do the questionnaire since a lot of people who are studying the same thing as me and in return i also answered their questionnaires.
Focus Group:
After focusing on the social network sites I wanted to ask people in person therefore i decided to have a focus group which i recorded to see what i people thought and which of my initial ideas were better. I asked them the same questions which were asked in the questionnaire above. I wanted to get a variety of answers. I found out that everyone who i asked in these video's listen to music everyday since it is a large part of society and it is easier to listen to music on phones and new MP3 players. I also found that people enjoy watching pop video's seen as though they consist of a lot more things and seem to come across as a lot more exciting. When I asked my audience what they expected to see in a Indie based genre they said they expected to see a variety of things such as a band playing but also video's which include a narrative. When I asked about the song which i am doing they assumed a cliche story. 



Construction and Evaluation:

Web 2.0:
I YouTube once again to help me get video's such as my focus groups. It also helped me put my music video out to the other people who use YouTube and you can see how many views the video has. If needed i could allow people to comment on my video but i didn't think this was necessary.













Final Cut Pro:













    Nikon P500
This is the camera which i used for the recording of my music video. This is a Nikin Bridge camera which allows you to take pictures and use the camera to record for great quality.











Cannon 1000D
This is the camera which i used for photoshoots. This camera allows me to connect to the studio in photography giving me high standard images.

No comments:

Post a Comment